Most of these are online lessons, usually with some interactivity, intended as part of an online “textbook”. Many are suitable for a flipped learning situation. Others are interactives suitable for demonstrating or exploring concepts. The grade/class for which these were created is given as a guide to the approximate level.
Links will open in a new tab.
- The Structure of the Earth. Grade 7.
- Earth’s Atmosphere. Composition and layers. Grade 10.
Rocks and Minerals
- Rock Identification. For a very basic, specific set of rocks used in the classroom. Grade 7.
- Rock Identification Practice. For the rocksfrom the previous lesson. Grade 7.
The Changing Surface
- Ecological Succession. Grade 7.
- Keeping Earth Warm. The greenhouse effect, Earth’s energy budget, and natural climate cycles. Grade 10.
- The Warming Earth. Evidenc for and causes of unnatural global warming. Grade 10.
- Generating Carbon Dioxide. The significance of CO₂, the carbon cycle, and combustion reactions. Grade 10.