Most of these are online lessons, usually with some interactivity, intended as part of an online “textbook”. Many are suitable for a flipped learning situation. Others are interactives suitable for demonstrating or exploring concepts. The grade/class for which these were created is given as a guide to the approximate level.
Links will open in a new tab.
- Timer. A very basic stopwatch. For timing stuff!
Math & Measurement
- Mathematical Relationships. Linear, square, inverse & root relationships. Physics.
- Uncertainty in Measurement 1: Reading Scales & Significant Digits. Grade 10, Physics, Chemistry.
- Uncertainty in Measurement 2: Tracking Uncertainty in Calculations. Grade 10, Physics, Chemistry.
- Precision & Accuracy. Physics, Chemistry.
- Error in Measurement. Physics, Chemistry.
- Significant Digits Practice. Physics, Chemistry.
- The Bunsen Burner. Grade 7
- Observations & Inferences. Grade 7/8.
Properties of Matter
Elements & the Periodic Table
- Periodic Table Patterns. Grade 9/10.
- Lewis Diagrams for Single Atoms. Grade 10.
- Light, Colour, & Line Emission Spectra. Line emission spectra for most of the elements, and the realtionship between colour and frequncy/wavelength of light. Chemistry.
- Bonding Concepts. Forces between nuclei and electrons and their connection to bonding. Grade 10.
- Multivalent Metals. Grade 10.
- Polyatomic Ions. Grade 10.
Names & Formulas
- Names & Formulas Review. For ionic compounds and binary covalent compouds. Grade 10.
- Chemical Equations. The basics of reading and writing equations. Grade 10.
- Reaction Types 1: Single Displacement Reactions. Grade 10.
- Reaction Types 2: Double Displacement Reactions. Grade 10.
- Reaction Types 3: Synthesis & Decomposition Reactions. Grade 10.
- Reaction Types 4: Combustion Reactions. Grade 10.
- Generating Carbon Dioxide. The carbon cycle and combustion reactions in the context of climate change. Grade 10.