Most of these are online lessons, usually with some interactivity, intended as part of an online “textbook”. Many are suitable for a flipped learning situation. Others are interactives suitable for demonstrating or exploring concepts. The grade/class for which these were created is given as a guide to the approximate level.
Links will open in a new tab.
- Thinking like a Scientist. What is science? Hypotheses, theories, and laws. Grade 7/8.
- Scientific Vocabulary. grade 7/8.
- Observations & Inferences. Grade 7/8.
- Microscopes. The parts of a microscope and their functions. grade 8.
- Working With Variables. Manipulated, responding, and controlled variables. Grade 7/8.
Characteristics of Living Things
- MR. GREEN. Characteristics of Living Things. Grade 8.
Cells: Structure & Function
- Cell Structure Part 1. Structure of animal cells. Grade 8.
- Cell Structure Part 2. Adds in plant cells. Grade 8.
- Hammerling’s Acetabularia Experiment. How do we know the nucleus is the controlling centre? Grade 8.
- How Materials Enter & Exit Cells: Part 1 – Understanding Concentration. Grade 8.
- How Materials Enter & Exit Cells: Part 2 – Diffusion & Osmosis. Grade 8.
- How Materials Enter & Exit Cells: Part 3 – Active Transport. Grade 8.
- Diffusion. See how particles naturally spread out in different scenarios. Grade 8.
- Cell Specialization. Grade 8.
- Paths Through the Circulatory System. Grade 8.
- Circulatory System Quiz. Grade 8.
- Blood. Grade 8.
- The Immune System. Grade 8.
- Eyeballs. The structure of the human eye. Grade 8.